Sunday, February 6, 2011

hello

I am a librarian returning to permanent work after having a baby three years ago and am keen to get on top of web 2.0 (and beyond!) so I can get back into the swing of things. I'm a casual librarian for Leichhardt and Balmain libraries and that means lots of info desk work, so when i am in between helping members I've been plugging away at this 2.0 course. I'm about to start a new position here (not casual) where I'll be doing a lot of website work so this course is just what I need!

I must say that my experience with blogs up to this point has been completely voyeuristic as deep down I don't think I have all that much interesting to say! But as a deeply committed advocate of lifelong learning I think I have to walk the walk and learn as much as I can about this - i also think that having a professional blog will be easier to believe in as I feel so strongly about the importance of public libraries that I'll easily be able to fill a blog with all the great things about libraries. But I don't think I could ever really go for a personal blog. I mean, sometimes my days are so full of doing laundry, picking up toys, doing the grocery shopping etc that I am barely interested in hearing about my life, so how could anyone else possibly be?

No comments:

Post a Comment